Fellow Nigerians, after a careful review of events in and around Nigeria and knowing full well that the predicament we have found ourselves is not a child's play, and we will need not only the active contributions but sincere participation of all well meaning Nigerians in whatever capacity to pull Nigeria back from the precipice, I therefore join Mr. President to declare that the change begins with us but let our political leaders show the way!
Yes, the change begins with me!
1. I have decided to bless Nigeria everyday in my prayers and utterances.
2. I will not criticize my leaders unconstructively but will offer pieces of advice and suggestions where necessary.
3. I will join a political party, not to contest for election, but to contribute my quota and help to ensure internal democracy which is totally absent in all our political parties.
4. I will advocate for restructuring of Nigeria at any forum I find myself because I believe without this there can not be a strong, united, vibrant and economically buoyant Nigeria.
5. I will be an example of a change agent in my service to God and humanity. I will give my time, money, talent and any other resources to help the less privileged and I will champion the cause for the rich to give back to the poor.
6. I will promote and patronize made in Nigeria goods where possible.
7. I will not put Nigeria down in my actions whether in this country or abroad, I will always magnify the good things about Nigeria far above her little faults.
8. Finally, I will plead with all Nigerians to do same and many other positive things so that we can move Nigeria forward in less than no time.
9. So help me God!
10. Happy 56 Independence Anniversary!